Cost-effective, innovative and flexible. These top the list of requirements when procuring digital Cloud-based services. However, the options available are often limited to large-scale suppliers and expensive long-term contracts.
The G-Cloud platform provides an innovative marketplace where SMEs can compete and offer their services directly alongside big players. Initiated by the Government in 2012, the aim of G-Cloud is to deliver cloud based technology to public sector organisations via approved frameworks. The G-Cloud catalogue is refreshed every 6 months, ensuring the latest technology from suppliers is always available.
What are the benefits of using the G-Cloud?
- Easily compare and benchmark reputable suppliers based on your desired characteristics and price.
- Over 22,000 accredited suppliers to choose from – filter based on your specific requirements
- Access ‘ready to use hybrid cloud’ solutions that are pre-assured for security, performance and service management.
- Save time on a traditional Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) or Invitation to Tender – the open procurement for each of the G-Cloud frameworks has already been done.
- Avoid long, expensive and inflexible contracts –buyers can change service providers easily, without lengthy procurement and implementation cycles.
- Achieve economies of scale with cross government projects using common commodity solutions to avoid duplication of services.
- Meet environmental and sustainability targets.
- Deliver ICT systems that are responsive to changing demands, policies and strategies – delivering value for money and up to date solutions.
- Reduce costs through buying solutions as a service or based on usage, to meet your resource requirements.
- Save money on maintenance and physical storage.
Who can use G-Cloud?
All government departments, local authorities, not-for-profit organisations, police forces, fire and rescue services and wider public-sector bodies are eligible to buy services on the Digital Marketplace.
Active are proud to be an accredited G-Cloud 9 cloud software supplier.
Access G-Cloud Digital marketplace here.
In May this year, the list of approved G-Cloud suppliers was released, with more than 100 new organisations added to the Digital Marketplace list. https://www.publictechnology.net/articles/news/g-cloud-9-supplier-list-revealed